Thursday, April 26, 2012

Elaborate box-insert

Every SD300 supply kit includes a little cardboard box that has a self-locking lid.  I've been carelessly tossing the box into my cardboard recycling bin, but it's a nice box so I really ought to re-use it.

Last year I had designed a simple hinged insert to help pack lots of small parts into a box.  Taking inspiration from that, I devised this elaborate insert for protecting one of my homebuilt puzzles for mailing.

My custom-built insert consists of hinged panels, folded into shape after they're built on the SD300.

The folded insert slides into the box. Winged tabs hold it securely at the corners of the box.

Thanks to this plastic insert, my puzzle fits neatly into the cardboard box and it's held safely for mailing.

1 comment:

  1. Great job, Scott! I don't think I've ever seen someone work harder on the packaging. I think I know where that package is headed! :-)

    ReplyDelete